Tuesday, September 6, 2011

b-b-b-b-bonk

Well, I promised a race report.

I have some bad news. This girl died pretty hardcore at the Muncie Labor Day Triathlon aka Conference Championships. Whoops.

My swim was awful. It was one of those things that was awful and you have no idea what precisely made it so awful. You know?

Well, I got out of the water extremely disappointed, but went through T1 telling me to put it behind me and work on the bike. I did work until I stopped being able to work. I'll spare you all the gritty details but I knew bad things were imminent if I continued on to the run. I mean, I was already in some pretty bad pain and experiencing some extreme fatigue. After T2, I voluntarily DNF'ed. It sucked, but it happens.

I talked to my coach, and Brad and Kendyl (who also raced). It was a rough race for all of us. Kendyl was extremely fatigued on the run after it started hitting her on the bike and Brad crashed over his handle bars at the start of the bike leg around a guy who flatted in front of him. My hypothesis (which my coach agrees with) is that skipping workouts from hurting my foot and being unmotivated to swim in addition to the two days of hardcore moving I did helping my roommate move into his new apartment really fatigued me and broke me down. I suffered through our national championship race with that kind of fatigue and it wasn't worth it to me to continue the same way.

Anyway, OFF TO FRANCE FOR A NEW EDITION!

No comments:

Post a Comment