Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tri en France: HR malfunctions and (NOT)Men's Track Practice

Good news: My ankle is generally doing better, which is pretty sweet and I'm excited about that. A few days ago I went out for a run and that didn't go so well because I was having this pretty bad chest pain that I've gotten a few times this summer. My coach is a little freaked out by that so... we'll see where that goes. More good news though, today with the French triathlon team I didn't experience any pain at all and I was working at some pretty crazy HRs (I looked down once and was at 181) so I'm feeling less scared about that.

The nice thing about this practice is that there were 5 more girls there!!! One was really good and I got the idea she was dating one of the guys on the team. She looked very legit and then proceeded to keep pace with the b-level boys for the workout. The middle 4 of us are all pretty close in pace and we were pretty much together for most of the workout. The other seems completely new to exercise and didn't finish much of the workout. We're a motley crew we are, but at least we're a crew!

The workout wasn't the best of my life, but I can't expect to come back fast off a week of misery and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment