Saturday, March 5, 2011

A shout out...

to RUNNING AWAY MULTISPORT!
(you go, Running Away Multisport...)

They hooked me up with some really sweet gear today.
First of all, they ran a deal with Groupon, in which you could pay $25 for a $50 gift card. Awesome.
Then, after I purchased a truckload of "necessities," one of the nice guys who works there hooked me up with a RAM water bottle and bike bag for free. This sport is expensive. You make my life easier, or... well, cheaper.

My girl Kendyl and I made a new friend in John (Jon? idk) - who is easily one of the most fun sales people I've ever met. Go to Deerfield. Ask for him. When we pointed out her picture in Chicago Athlete Magazine, he asked her to autograph it for him and now she feels super special (because secretly, she is). Also, he's super helpful for picking out flattering gear - will be honest about which sunglasses do and do NOT look good on you (if you want him to). Some of us can't make decisions. If you can't decide to go with the pink or the green, he can.

Plus, our team president Brad told me they are an exclusive store that sells custom-fit Guru bikes which requires them to fly people in to fit you.

If all these things are not cool, I don't know what is. Go RAM.

1 week (exactly) until my triathlon in Texas. First of the season. First of my life. Awesome.

Also, PR'ed in an impossible race today so yeah, training is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment