Monday, March 28, 2011

be fast and efficient

I don't want to crowd this with a lot of text/thoughts because the video I'm about to link to is 13 minutes long. But it SO interesting if you're in to running at ALL. So instead of asking you to read anything, chew on this. You don't have to be a stellar competitive runner to benefit from the advice this video has to offer. That being said, the triathlon team president (who is a pretty talented runner) said the stride angle work may not be as applicable to athletes who aren't of an incredibly high caliber. Still, I have shortened my race pace by over 2 minutes/mile this year by getting more fit, bettering my form, and working on my efficiency. I hope to shave another 30 seconds off that before the season is out (and run at 5k in  26:30). Honestly, here is how one can reach these goals:

No comments:

Post a Comment