Sunday, October 14, 2012

Run the Rocks


Lemme explain this real quick:
Run the Rocks is an intense 5k in which you spend most of the first 2 miles running downhill. To give you an idea - I did my first mile in 8:08, and my second in 7:25. Fast.

Then just as you round mile two, you get to climb up an extraordinarily treacherous hill, followed by a short hike up a steep ramp and a climb up some serious amphitheater stairs. Unlike the race in France, I actually tried so I didn't take pictures DURING the race this time :) I finished in 29:59 - JUST UNDER 30, 25th out of 110 girls in my age group. Real stuff.

This, however, does not mean you will go without a photo narrative:
we took a quick pic by the rocks during our warm up :)
also, personalized race bibs! what is this? (and finisher medals)
The 6 min/mile pacer stood at the front, so Justin basically had to start on the line #intimidated. He DID finish 37th overall and 10th out of 88 in the M20-24 age group.

post race breakfast in the mountains
LOOK at those pancakes. YUM




No comments:

Post a Comment