Sunday, September 23, 2012

Recovery and baby steps

This is a quick update.

It's been two difficult easy weeks. Contradiction? Maybe.

One week after the half ironman, I attempted to spend a morning doing a 50-mile ride to Lookout mountain. Yes well, about .7 miles from the top I truly felt what seemed like altitude sickness for the first time out here. At a mere 7k ft I felt dizzy, short of breath and like I might pass out. I was disappointed to have to turn around, but you do what you can.

I opted to take this week easier but started with a beautiful 5.7 mile run finally back at my 9:05 pace. It was so good and rewarding to finally be back. I eased off most of the rest of the week to cap with an 8 miler in the 9:30s with some baby hills that tuckered me out.

Just watched a group of friends do a marathon this weekend and it was truly grueling. Still have no desire to do a marathon. Definitely think I would get to mile 16 and hate that I had 10 to go. So proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment