Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Evergreen Lake Triathlon x2

I owe a race report, though I hate to tell you, it isn't a good one.

I had this goal of 2:45. Then they rerouted the swim and I hammered it...I was convinced I'd PR the swim until I got out and saw my watch was just under 41 min. As a team, we all decided it was long. I'm thinking more like an 1850m than a 1500m.

I think I was aiming for a 72-73 min bike. But after that awful swim, I had some dreams of doing a 70 min bike. That didn't happen. I came in at 73:40, which was still a decent bike split for me, especially with some nice hills. I had a 40-something clydesdale racing along side of me for a lot of the race. At the end he said "Nice riding, let's finish this up" and I left him in my dust :)
I remember this being taken. I made sure to not make a crazy face.

The run I took hard for 3 miles...until my mind got the best of me and I gave in to pain and exhaustion. Ended up walking a lot and gave up on the race.

I can make excuses about lack of hydration and not enough run training... But ultimately it was a bad race that I gave up on. It happens. Ended up placing second in my age group anyway, and the awards were neat.

Now to Denver for the weekend. May the high altitude training begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment