Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New bike? The saga never ends also Tri en France: last day of practice

In recent history, I've been having some serious troubles with my bike (sheila, the pink one, in the states) one of which includes, you know, getting hit by a car. Oops.

Anyway, given the Christmas season I've been thinking about buying myself a new bike. Thus the posts this summer about bikes. However, as most plans go, this girl is not going to have enough money to buy the bike she wanted (doesn't that always happen) so I was depressed and then the bonktown gods heard my tears and said "Andrea, it's going to be okay. We're going to post a $1500 bike for less than half price."

Now I'm sitting here, comparing the geometry of my bike to this beautiful bike... deciding whether or not the bonktown gods are presenting me with the best possible choice.

In other news, it was my last day of practice in France. I wasn't finished with the workout when everyone started congregating around our coach (as usual) and I ran up and said "I'm not done!" to which my coach respond "How many have you done? 5 reps? You have still earned a small piece of chocolate anyway..." to which we all cracked up laughing... and then he whipped out a box of chocolates and handed them out. I am going to miss that man. Hervé Delaunay was a positive influence on my tri experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment