Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Successes and looking ahead

After a quite a few falls and a lot of struggles, I've finally figured out how to stop/start correctly (leaving one foot clipped and everything)! It took a few struggles from Brad trying to teach me and a few more from my coach at VisionQuest Coaching, but now my bike is making some awesome noises and dropping it's chain a bit (probably an issue with the rear derailleur). Time for a check-up with the bike doctors! All the falling probably didn't help it... or at least that's what knocked my hood out of place.

Other exciting updates:
I had another race - a sprint in Memphis! (Memphis in May sprint triathlon). It went pretty well. All though my swim was unnecessarily long, my other two legs went really well. I finally managed to pick my speed up on the bike, granted it was a flat course, but I averaged just under 18 mph which is pretty sweet. My 5k pace fell to 8:38 min/miles so that went well. More time to just keep on trucking.
Mandatory race picture - pushing it on the bike


Next I'm facing a new challenge in triathlon: getting sponsors for my team! I was recently elected to be the sponsorship and merchandising chair for Northwestern Triathlon. It's going to be a fun new challenge. Recently our team has been approached by Greater Than and Push Endurance, so if you're looking for some new sports nutrition - take a peek at those guys.

Merchandising? Swim. Bike. Run. Party.
Kendyl, Me & Brad - posing, you know


Random post. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment