Sunday, April 24, 2016

[Race Report] KHMTT #1

Anyone following along in your guidebooks last year, may remember that I did a race series on Wednesdays called the KHMTT. It's a short time trial (meaning solo race for time) not too far from my house that kind of helps with maintaining that race-pace fitness level.

This year I couldn't commit to all the races so I signed up to do four and still benefit from it when I could. Last week, I had already missed two races because I had been on vacation for a while. Then, flooding caused them to shorten the course to mostly hills, so I had no idea what goals to go for. I went out to the reservoir on Wednesday just hoping to keep a decent pace and get the opportunity to get my heart rate high for fitness. I even took my road bike because I figured it might help for the hills.

Once I got going I realized a decent goal was to crack 20 min. Unfortunately, I think that realization was a bit too late to make enough of a dent in my pace to do so. I was happy later to see that I placed 6/12 which gave me a boost in my confidence about my fitness relative to the field, even though I'd taken 13 days off the bike. Looking forward to another KHMTT next week, hopefully with no more flooding!


No comments:

Post a Comment