Wednesday, June 24, 2015

[Race Report] Colorado State TT Championship 2015 SW4

I had a rough night of sleep before the Colorado State TT Championship in Keenesburg, but I woke up and went through my usual strides. I was feeling a little like I had to have forgotten something but I think I’m at this point where I’ve raced so much, I have a routine.

I started my warm-up pretty early because my legs were feeling tight and I felt like I needed to just spin out. It was hot and I really didn’t want to dehydrate or tax myself too much in the warm-up. I can’t decide if this was a good or bad idea – yet to be determined.

Starting the race I felt a little nervous and I had a goal of finishing in about 70 min. I think my fastest 40k was during a tri around 73 min and change. Last year I did this race in 74:28 but I feel a lot stronger and more dialed in. I guess a 4:28 PR is a lot to expect of myself.

The race itself was good. Last year I approached it thinking I needed to not go too hard from the start, but this time I just embraced downhills, speed and adrenaline. I did feel the race start to get hard but I was able to push myself and I think this was a better approach. 

I ended up PR'ing my best 40k time trial time by about 1 min and beating last year's time by 1:52 so I was pretty happy. Also got this SWEET picture!
Colorado State TT Championship 2015 Photo cred spotifimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment