Sunday, August 11, 2013

Recovery is the road to greatness

For ONCE in my life I actually let myself recover. *PHEW* That was great.

I only worked out twice this week. I did a 52 min run on Thursday and a 2 hour bike today. Both were nice and fast and both felt totally fresh. Gosh. I love recovering. But today's bike has brought me back to the daily grind. I really only have a week and a half of training until I've got my final triathlon of the summer, which I have some decently high hopes for. I'll pack in the workouts until next Wednesday and then really start backing off to taper.

Then it's all biking mixed in with some long runs as I gear up for Tour in September and then another half marathon in October. TIME FOR SOME SWIM RECOVERY. Then I get to do some base building/cross-training. Maybe spend some more time in the yoga studio and the gym. Maybe take a little time off and then it will all. start. all. over. again.

In the mean time, here is a cool video reminding how to sight in open water. I like to sometimes watch these. Even though we may think we know how to do something, sometimes little reminders can wake us up about something we've grown a little complacent about.

Oh and something interesting about time goals. Apparently I'll just be spending the rest of my night reading about tri stuff to get excited about training again.




No comments:

Post a Comment